Ride to MotoDoffo; Watch the MotoGP Race; Then Optional Palomar Loop Ready for a fun day of riding and watching the MotoGP race at the mecca of Misano; the Marco
Ride to MotoDoffo; Watch the MotoGP Race; Then Optional Palomar Loop
Ready for a fun day of riding and watching the MotoGP race at the mecca of Misano; the Marco Simoncelli circuit?
Sunday, Sept. 19 at 8:15 am, we will take a mellow ride to MotoDoffo via Ortega Hwy, then after the MotoGP race we’ll take an optional, twisty and spirited, ride through Palomar. If you’re up for it. Or back to OC (we’ll split into two groups).
The longer route has plenty of roads we rarely get to ride: it means a long ride so if you are unsure you can make it please check with us for advice.
- MotoDoffo via Ortega, and back to OC via Ortega
- MotoDoffo via Ortega, Palomar Loop, then back to OC via Ortega
[Scenic: https://scenicapp.space/route/wxZDcWua ]
[ Rever: https://go.rever.co/jcZRlPEvrjb ]
Here’s The Plan:
- 8:00 am Meetup at Starbucks 30835 Gateway Pl, Mission Viejo, CA
- 8:15 am Kick Stands Up (KSU)
- 9:30 am Arriving at MotoDoffo, 36083 Summitville St, Temecula, CA
- 10:00 am MotoGP Race will start,
- 11:30 am Food should be sold on-site, otherwise get a quick lunch somewhere close
At this point, we will have 2 options:
- Go back to OC via Ortega (similar to the morning ride, reverse direction).
- Take a long loop through Palomar mountain. This is quite a technical ride, contact us for advice,
If you plan for option 2, long loop via Palomar, please consider the following:
- It is a technical ride
- Leather is recommended
- Bring water and snacks
- Check your bike twice before leaving: we will be quite far from home
Minimum Gear Required Beyond Helmet:
- Proper Riding Jacket
- Proper Riding Pants
- Proper Riding Gloves
- Proper Riding Boots
- Leathers are recommended if you are doing the long loop via Palomar
- Safety meeting mandatory before the ride
- Adhere to indications given during the safety meeting
- No passing on the right side of the road
- Ride your own Ride; don’t push beyond your comfort zone
Tips To Ride In A Group:
Please take some time to watch these videos in order. It provides a few tips on how to ride in a group. We will continue to work on enjoying our rides in a courteous and safe manner.
DISCLAIMER: By participating in this event you hereby agree to assume all risks and liability related to or resulting from this group function without regard to negligence. You agree that neither you nor any third party will hold the group’s Host, Organizer, or any of the group’s Assistant or Co-Organizers liable for any injury, loss, or damage to your own person or property arising directly or as a consequence of a group activity. You also agree that your membership and/or participation in this group is based on an “at-will” basis. A general safety meeting will be held prior to departure to this ride and all riders must be present to attend. Please have ‘in case of emergency’ a contact number programmed in your phone and/or placed on your bike.
RSVP to event
RSVPing is closed at this time.
Comments are closed.