Long ride: Ortega + Palomar + Borrego Springs + Julian
Celebrate Memorial Day riding: one more hit and it’d be a bingo for the best rides in Orange County! Please note this is a long
Celebrate Memorial Day riding: one more hit and it’d be a bingo for the best rides in Orange County!
Please note this is a long ride, with multiple stops, but long!
2 meetups for this ride:
- 8:00 AM Starbucks 30835 Gateway Pl, Mission Viejo, CA 92694
- 9:00 AM Shell 29115 Old Town Front St, Temecula, CA 92590 -> most convenient if you live closer to Temecula
Check the itinerary on Google Maps https://goo.gl/maps/QuEYJniGGosFDGMq6
- Meetup 8:00 AM at Starbucks 30835 Gateway Pl, Mission Viejo, CA 92694
- KSU at 8:15 AM
- Ride Ortega
- Gas & rest stop in Temecula 29115 Old Town Front St, Temecula, CA 92590 around 9:00 AM
- Ride Palomar (depending on weather)
- Get to Borrego Springs: Lunch
- Stock up on pie at Julian Pie Company
- Gas & rest stop in Escondido at Shell 105 E Via Rancho Pkwy, Escondido, CA 92025
- Head back home via HWY 5
GET READY FOR THE RIDE
- Proper Riding Jacket
- Proper Riding Pants
- Proper Riding Gloves
- Proper Riding Boots
- Leathers are recommended
Bring a backpack with water and what you might need on a long ride.
We would like to remind everyone, that each rider SHOULD and MUST ride within their limits. If the group goes at a speed you don’t feel comfortable with, you should not be attempting to keep up.
You are encouraged to go at your own pace and the sweeper will be with you always. The group will always stop at important points for everyone to regroup.
Please, don’t feel ever like you are holding the group. We ride to enjoy our motorcycles, among friends and we want you to be safe.
- Safety meeting mandatory before the ride
- Adhere to indications given during the safety meeting
- No passing on the right side of the road
- Ride your own Ride; don’t push beyond your comfort zone
TIPS TO RIDE IN A GROUP
Please take some time to watch these videos: they provide tips on how to ride in a group.
We will continue to work on enjoying our rides courteously and safely.
Know your hand signals
Download a printable version on the DROC website at https://drocdesmo.com/event-directory/rides/
By participating in this event you hereby agree to assume all risks and liability related to or resulting from this group function without regard to negligence. You agree that neither you nor any third party will hold the group’s Host, Organizer, or any of the group’s Assistants or Co-Organizers liable for any injury, loss, or damage to your person or property arising directly or as a consequence of a group activity. You also agree that your membership and/or participation in this group is based on an “at-will” basis. A general safety meeting will be held before the departure of this ride and all riders must be present to attend. Please have ‘in case of emergency’ a contact number programmed in your phone and/or placed on your bike.
RSVP to event
RSVPing is closed at this time.
Comments are closed.